How to succeed as an eco-friendly brand
The demand for modern eco friendly brands is on the rise, there is a growing mindset shift towards sustainability as a direct response to the impact humans are having on the planet. Millennials are becoming the driving customer base, but in order to capture their attention you need to be authentic in your efforts. Simply selling Eco friendly products for commercial gain is not enough, and can be spotted a mile away by eco minded customers.
"Today’s consumers now rank the eco friendly position of a business with price and product features when determining who to buy from. Studies find that 90% of millennials would choose environmentally friendly businesses over their non-sustainable counterparts any day." - Fabrik brands
The eco friendly brands who are succeeding are those that make sustainability part of their business processes. Start small and find new ways to make a positive impact within your industry.
Here are some of the top practices that eco brands follow, that you can implement too:
1. Reducing/eliminating plastic
2. Reducing carbon footprint
3. Supplying recyclable packaging
4. Sourcing products that reduce Water Pollution
5. Provide cruelty free products
6. Sourcing products that favour conservation and prevent deforestation
7. Being transparent on their business processes, honest about where they can improve
8. Actively give back to the environment, championing sustainable initiatives in their communities
Be transparent about your cause to develop credibility and trust. Vague statements can be seen as empty and non-actionable, be clear about how and where your efforts are helping the cause you serve.
If you want to learn from other brands, here are 5 eco friendly brands making an impact in their industry:
1. https://www.sa-back2nature.com/ - Making it possible for consumers to have access to natural, plant based, eco friendly and locally made products.
2. https://holisteeq.co.za/ - taking the pain out of trying to live a zero-waste, sustainable, organic, wholesome life.
3. https://www.patagonia.com/home/ - At Patagonia, we appreciate that all life on earth is under threat of extinction. We’re using the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imaginations—to do something about it.
4. https://vonholzhausen.com/ - Removing leather production from the supply chain moves us towards a more sustainable future by lessening our environmental impact.
5. https://numitea.com/- environmentally-packing, to making donations to environmental non-profits, and tracking carbon emissions.
We are all responsible for the environment we live in, every little step we take to improve the environment the better is a positive step in the right direction.
See more on instagram